Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blindside, right?


"I used to get made fun of. I've not always been the dragon slayer"... is this guy for real??

Lets not waste time. We all know how I feel about the cast and the twist.. so lets just skip all the boring stuff and head straight to tribal council...

Purple Kelly Whitney has been going on a tirade about how upset she is with Cochran on Twitter and Facebook (for the record, I followed her long before Survivor.. as I've said repeatedly I've been a fan for a while... but either the editors hate her or she's better at singing than living) Bloggers and media outlets are reporting the "Revenge of the Nerd" was a flop and for someone supposed to be so smart he made a dumb move... apparently I watched a different show than everyone else.

Is Cochran great at the game of Survivor? no. Do I think Cochran is going to win? no. Do I enjoy watching him? yes. Do I hope he wins? yes.

I thought Cochran's move was great. Savaii can't bully this kid around for the first half of the game, put him down every single day, blatantly outcast him and isolate him from the tribe then expect him to put his neck on the line by drawing a rock and risk going home just to help them out and finish 6th. Time for another pop quiz..

Was Cochran's move brilliant? eh, no. Will it get him to the end? probably not. Was it horrible? not at all!

In that position you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. You can stay loyal to a tribe that doesn't want you around or you can take a chance, switch alliances and hope for the best. It worked great for Erinn in Tocantins, why can't it work for Cochran? Its easy for viewers at home to be so quick to judge but keep in mind the players don't see the other tribe. They don't see confessionals. If I (and you would too) lived on a tribe with people who spent the first 20 days putting me down and I saw a chance at swapping to possibly be surrounded by people who like me, and want me, which would ultimately lead to me getting further, I would do it! I sure wouldn't draw rocks... and I can assure you Paschal English wouldn't either. Like he said last week, "I'm not here to be a hero. I'm here to play the game" I hope his tribe has learned a life lesson from this. You can't always ignore the ugly guys. Just because you're beautiful doesn't mean you can't use someone else's help.

Say what you want about the guy, you gotta admit he's a better at the game than what Ozzy is at acting. (seriously, that Redemption Island speech...)

As a fan of the show, this past week was the kind of stuff we like to see. So regardless if you think it was great or completely stupid, admit it, you're glad it happened.... and if you're one of those people who thinks it was a horrible move, you're wrong.


2 comments:

  1. I love ur blog Michael and completely agree. Looks like we are in a minority but who knows maybe Cochran will make F3 after all :)

    ReplyDelete